- The 2021 Conference on Artificial Life (ALIFE 2021).
Weird Tales: Early Visions of Machines That Can Reproduce and Evolve, and Their Relevance Today
(Prague, Czech Republic/Online, July 2021)
- Cross Labs Workshop on Innovation Science. Discovering Innovations in Real and Virtual Worlds (Tokyo, Japan/Online, April 2021)
- The International Society for Artificial Life (ISAL) Award for Exceptional Service 2014.
- Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, USA. September 2018. Hosted by Prof Piet Hut
- BEACON Center, Michigan State University, USA. October 2016. Hosted by Prof Charles Ofria
- Artificial Life Lab, Dublin City University, Ireland. October 2000. Hosted by Prof Barry McMullin
- Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, USA. March 2000. Hosted by Prof Tom Ray
- Philosophy of Biology Group, University of the Basque Country, Spain. May 1999. Hosted by Prof Alvaro Moreno